Best Muscle Cars
If you are a car aficionado, it is hard not to crack a smile when you see a classic muscle car. They are built to take the beating due to their iron and steel composition. For quite some time, they embodied everything that is great about the auto industry especially during the 60’s and 70’s.
Everyone has their own favorite muscle car. Depending on everyone’s preference, let us see what makes them special.
• The 1970 Buick GSX has a 360 hp and an exceptional 510 lb-ft of torque. Compared to other muscle cars, the numbers might be underrated however this car model made a strong statement that GM will go past its limit. This is only available in either yellow or white with racing stripes.
1970 Buick GSX
• 1968 Pontiac Firebird Coupe had become an icon in the 80s, however the production of this coupe dates back earlier than that. Its first generation was one of the best muscle cars sold in the market. The original firebird closely resembled the Chevrolet Camaro. The 1968 model offered a wide variety of engines like the v8 that can emit 335 hp.
1968 Pontiac Firebird Coupe
• A lot of people recognize the 1969 Dodge Charger from the 80’s. The coupe is considered a star of television. The most notable among the chargers was the R/T. Under its hood is a standard 440 magnum with solid 375 hp.
1969 Dodge Charger
• Another serious muscle car is the 1970 Boss 302 Mustang that features a v8 engine that was the rival of Camaro. It can go from 0 to 60 mph in under 7 seconds. Once the car reaches about 3,500, you better hold on to your seats.
1970 Boss 302 Mustang
• The 1965 Pontiac GTO is the most typical muscle car that you can find. The 1965 version is packed with an 389 cubic inch engine with 335 hp. It has a Tri power option that could go from 0 to 60 mph in under 6 seconds. The heavy brakes and sturdy steering wheel made it hard to control. As we all know this is part of driving a muscle car.
1965 Pontiac GTO
• The 1970 Plymouth Hemi Cuda has been newly redesigned and powered by a v8 engine. This is certainly a top car due to its 425 hp.
1970 Plymouth Hemi Cuda
• Another is the 1970 Chevelle 454 SS with a 7.4 liter engine which is quite big and gives off great power. To date it still holds the record of highest output production.
1970 Chevelle 454 SS
• The 1969 Z28 Chevy Camaro is the first generation that can guarantee to stir the emotions of muscle car fans. It has a small cube engine that is designed for racing. It features F41 suspension, front disc brakes and a 4-speed gearbox. The overall package of the car made it desirable.
- 1969 Z28 Chevy Camaro